QorTek and the Position:
Season: Spring 2021
Location: Williamsport, PA
Position Type: Part-Time
QorTek Inc. is a developer of power electronic systems (Linden, PA), world-class piezoceramic materials, and piezoelectric device technology solutions (State College, PA). The Company is actively engaged in various stages of technology development from initial concept feasibility and reduction to practice all the way through advanced engineering and manufacturing of products to meet different customer requirements by integrating novel technology solutions into real-world hardware.
Engineering interns are capable of designing and developing materials, power electronic systems, and integrated solutions to meet and exceed customer applications. As an intern, you will be collaborating with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, subject matter experts, outside team members, and the manufacturing staff. QorTek interns are involved with every step of the design process including brainstorming concepts, simulating designs, fabricating/testing prototypes, and final parts manufacturing/assembly.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of FPGA based solutions for power electronics
- FPGA programming using Xilinx in cross-functional new development teams as an FPGA/Digital electronics design resource and lead
- Support electronic and electrical component circuit, and board design for high-speed digital systems
- Run performance testing for new FPGA/electronics designs
- Participate in lab testing of prototype systems and address FPGA performance improvements
- Other FPGA/electronics design activities may be added in the future as business conditions evolve
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Enrolled in BS Program for Computer or Electrical Engineering
- Xilinx experience is a plus
- Familiarity with power electronics and circuit designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong self-motivation, high energy, and ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to work in, enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Strong data analysis skills
- Use of electronic test equipment (VOM, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Frequency Counter, etc.)
- US Citizenship required