QorTek Inc. Linden, PA
Location: Linden, PA
Department/Group: Acoustic Engineering
Start Date: Negotiable
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: $105,000.00 – $140,000.00 USD Per year
QorTek Inc. (Linden, PA) is a leading developer of power electronic systems, world-class piezoceramic materials, and piezoelectric device technology solutions. The Company is actively engaged in various stages of technology development from concept feasibility to advanced engineering and manufacturing of products for the US DoD. QorTek is a small business with a lively culture focused on technology advancement, career development, and a flexible work-life balance. QorTek employees enjoy solving a variety of interesting technical challenges with teams that value mutual respect.
QorTek is seeking an Acoustic Test Engineer. This position will develop and integrate hardware and software for testing a variety of sonar transducers and sonar systems at our open water test site and also work with the design engineering teams in a laboratory environment. This exclusive group of engineers is responsible for the design and development of state-of-the-art power supplies and transducers for some of the world’s most advanced underwater acoustic systems for the US Navy and also other customers.
This is a hands-on job using state of the art test and electronics equipment for testing of prototypes as well as more mature products. With the aid of our in-house engineering group, you will be able to lead our rapid innovation test efforts.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and document test systems
- Analyze test data
- Conduct acoustic transducer and hydrophone tests and calibrations
- Assist in design and lead implementation of mechanical/electrical hardware systems used to test sonar devices
- Assist in developing software for automated testing, data reduction, and results reporting
- Collaborate with the larger engineering teams to solve problems
- Develop detailed task plans, estimate timelines, and establish technical risks required to meet high level project goals
- Assisting in written and oral communication to sponsors, program stakeholders, and executive teams
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering or Science discipline or higher, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with sonar or underwater acoustics, experimental instrumentation design (buffer circuits, filters, etc.) and signal processing is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in LabVIEW and/or MATLAB, or experience with developing/operating automated test scripts in an equivalent programming environment
- A minimum of six years of experience
- Comfort with multitasking
- Demonstrated written and oral communication capability with ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data
- Work effectively with a variety of electronic test equipment including Tektronix oscilloscopes, digital power supplies, function generators, electronic loads, and a variety of probes
- Be competent in measuring signals in a manner where the measurement setup does not alter the signal characteristics
- Travel expected 30% of the time
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong problem identification/resolution/troubleshooting skills
- Ability and desire to develop and maintain good interpersonal working relationships.
- US Citizenship (required)