QorTek Inc. State College, PA
Location: State College, PA
Start Date: Negotiable
Position Type: Full-time
Date Posted: June 14, 2021
QorTek Inc. (State College, PA) is a leading developer of power electronic systems, world-class piezoceramic materials, and piezoelectric device technology solutions. The Company is actively engaged in various stages of technology development from concept feasibility to advanced engineering and manufacturing of products for the US DoD. QorTek is a small business with a lively culture focused on technology advancement, career development, and a flexible work-life balance. QorTek employees enjoy solving a variety of interesting technical challenges with teams that value mutual respect.
QorTek is seeking an experienced Ceramics Technician. As an experienced technician, the candidate will work closely with other technicians, engineers, and scientists to accomplish daily tasks. QorTek offers exceptional compensation and employee benefits including company matching 401(k), paid time off and holidays up to 30 days with seniority, paid maternal and paternal leave, full employer-sponsored health insurance including dental and visual, and flex-time schedule.
Role and Responsibilities
- Mixing and weighing of raw materials used in batching
- Operating a wide variety of lab equipment such as furnaces and mixers
- Maintaining lab equipment including furnaces being used
- Demonstrating procedures
- Ordering and maintaining stock and resources
- Collecting and preparing powder and sintered samples
- Hazardous waste management
- Maintaining daily work logs
- Providing technical support and perform other tasks required by supervisor
- Presenting results to senior staff
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in piezoelectric ceramic or piezoelectric device manufacturing (highly preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to read gauges and weighing scales.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to keep work area clean.
- Ability to meet internal and external customer specs while processing parts.
- Ability to work around hazardous materials including wearing PPE.
- Ability to run lab equipment such as lappers and operate high temp furnaces.
- Willing to work in a face-paced, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented
- Valid Driver’s license
- Other tasks as required to support the business objectives
- US Citizenship required