Location: Linden and State College, PA.
Position Type: Full-Time
QorTek and the Position:
QorTek Inc. (Linden and State College, PA) is a leading developer of power electronic systems, world-class piezoceramic materials, and piezoelectric device technology solutions. The Company is actively engaged in various stages of technology development from initial concept feasibility and reduction to practice all the way through advanced engineering and manufacturing of products to meet different customer requirements by integrating novel technology solutions into real-world hardware.
QorTek is seeking an experienced Team Manager for our Electrical Engineering Team. The Electrical Engineering Team Manager will require the candidate to manage a team of dedicated engineers responsible for electrical system design for all programs throughout the organization. As Team Manager, the candidate will work closely with program managers, company leadership, and QorTek employees to successfully oversee and complete aspects of multiple projects. The EE Team Lead requires candidates to provide technical leadership and guide detailed product development vision from company leadership. QorTek offers competitive pay and employee benefits. QorTek Team Managers are responsible for designing, developing, testing, and overseeing technology solutions for our customer requirements. The Team Manager will interface daily with other engineers, company leadership and program managers, and customers to assure program goals and objectives are met.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage EE requirements of multiple projects to completion on deadline.
- Manage a dedicated staff of engineers across multiple office sites.
- Work with a team of managers to facilitate the success and growth of the company.
- Work with multidisciplinary engineering and science teams internally and externally.
- Facilitate communication amongst groups within QorTek.
- Delegate tasks and coordinate resources based on program, company, and team goals.
- Implement and continually improve standards and practices for EE team.
- Support management and maintenance of electrical engineering lab, facility, and infrastructure.
- Recommend and specify equipment and engineering software tools as required.
- Act as lead technical advisor to DoD and commercial Program Managers.
- Prototype Design and manufacturability analysis.
- Design and execute laboratory experiments; interpret the results to validate analytical and FEA models.
- Manage and mitigate design, development, and manufacturing risk.
- Investigate potential intellectual property and draft patent applications for new mechanical designs and concepts.
- Maintain flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic workplace.
- Provide and receive honest feedback.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Electrical Engineering.
- Earned BS in Electrical Engineering. MS in Engineering or Management Discipline a plus.
- Understanding of engineering time, budgeting, and infrastructure management.
- Experience in analog, digital, and mixed-signal electrical system design.
- Experience in modern high-speed switched-mode power electronics and components (desired).
- Competency in numerical and SPICE modeling of electrical systems (desired).
- Experience with SBIR and DoD Grant execution and reporting.
- Excellent communicator who exhibits strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Fluency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, MS Project, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to be driven, engaged, and interested in working in a small business.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to assist in educating and retaining employees.
- Desire to work in a dynamic innovative small business environment.
- Maintain a driving license, and ability to travel between facilities.
- Ability to handle (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull) up to 25 lbs. and be able to work in an active lab environment.
- U.S. citizenship required