Location: Williamsport, PA
Position Type: Full-Time
QorTek and the Position:
QorTek Inc. (Williamsport, PA) is a leading developer of power electronic systems, world-class piezoceramic materials, and piezoelectric device technology solutions. The Company is actively engaged in various stages of technology development from initial concept feasibility and reduction to practice all the way through advanced engineering and manufacturing of products to meet different customer requirements by integrating novel technology solutions into real-world hardware.
The FPGA Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing, technology solutions for our customer requirements and coding structure that can be used throughout the organization.
The FPGA Engineer will be working closely with the Firmware Team Manager, other Program Managers, and all QorTek employees to successfully complete aspects of multiple projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development of FPGA based solutions for power electronics.
- FPGA programming using Xilinx products and software.
- Cooperate with FPGA/Digital electronics development team.
- Support electronic and electrical component, circuit, and board design for high-speed digital systems.
- Lead performance testing for new FPGA/electronics designs.
- Participate in lab testing of prototype systems and address FPGA functionality.
- Other FPGA/electronics design activities may be added in the future as business conditions evolve.
- Other responsibilities as given out by the Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS/MS degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in the FPGA development process, design, and programming.
- Xilinx experience is a must.
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Familiarity with power electronics and circuit designs.
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Function Generator, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong self-motivation, high energy, and ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to work in, enjoy, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Fluency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, MS Project, etc).
- U.S. citizenship required