QorTek and the Position:
Location: Linden, PA
Start Date: Negotiable
Position Type: Full-Time
QorTek Inc. (Linden, PA) is a leading developer of power electronic systems, world-class piezoceramic materials, and piezoelectric device technology solutions. The Company is actively engaged in various stages of technology development from concept feasibility to advanced engineering and manufacturing of products for the US DoD. QorTek is a small business with a lively culture focused on technology advancement, career development, and a flexible work-life balance. QorTek employees enjoy solving a variety of interesting technical challenges with teams that value mutual respect.
QorTek is seeking an Electrical Engineer Level 3 to take on challenges in our Class-D and Multilevel power electronics group. This exclusive group of engineers is responsible for the design and development of state-of-the-art power supplies for some of the world’s most advanced underwater acoustic systems for the US Navy. We are designing the next generation supplies that enable enhanced performance to counter emerging threats.
The EE3 will design new amplifiers and inverters to meet challenging requirements that enhance system capabilities. Engineering tasks include the derivation of requirements, system design and simulation, magnetic filter design, and leading a prototyping team. The engineer will work closely with our firmware to optimize control loop tuning and with our Mechanical Engineering and PCB layout groups to design robust circuit cards to meet MIL-STD testing. This is a hands-on job using modern electronics equipment for bench testing of prototypes. With the aid of our in-house PCB assembly group, you will be able to bring new ideas to life very quickly. Projects range from 6 to 18 months in this fast-paced environment so you will get the opportunity to own your design from start to finish and see it transitioned into the warfighter’s hands.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Research and implement advances in electrical engineering technology and apply novel solutions to complex problems
- Lead development of state of the art circuitry to advance complex and challenging power product development goals
- Lead test and development activities with EE 2’s, EE1’s, and interns
- Collaborate with the larger engineering teams to solve problems
- Develop detailed task plans, estimate timelines, and establish technical risks required to meet high-level project goals
- Assisting in written and oral communication to sponsors, program stakeholders, and executive teams
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Earned BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical disciplines
- Earned Masters in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline (desired)
- A minimum of six years of experience
- Advanced circuit analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Advanced programming skills (Embedded/HDL desired)
- Class D Amplifier Experience
- Fluency in modern power, control, and circuit simulation tools such as PLECS, SPICE, and MATLAB
- Proficient with Altium and Plecs
- Advanced PCB layout experience
- Comfort with multitasking
- Demonstrated written and oral communication capability with the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data
- Work effectively with a variety of electronic test equipment including Tektronix oscilloscopes, digital power supplies, function generators, electronic loads, and a variety of probes.
- Be competent in measuring signals in a manner where the measurement setup does not alter the signal characteristics.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong problem identification/resolution/troubleshooting skills.
- Ability and desire to develop and maintain good interpersonal working relationships.
- Ability to mentor and train younger engineers on complex electrical engineering subjects.
- US Citizenship (required)