QorTek and the Position:
Location: Linden, PA
Start Date: Negotiable
Position Type: Full-Time
QorTek Inc. (Linden, PA) is a leading developer of power electronic systems, world-class piezoceramic materials, and piezoelectric device technology solutions. The Company is actively engaged in various stages of technology development from initial concept feasibility and reduction to practice all the way through advanced engineering and manufacturing of products to meet different customer requirements by integrating novel technology solutions into real-world hardware.
QorTek is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for system engineering processes for acoustic systems to support system analysis, modeling, development, fabrication, assembly, testing, qualification, and planning required for the successful demonstration of a fully operational, production-ready system. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for system requirements analysis, decomposition, and allocation to hardware and software configuration items to include design trades, requirements change management, and impacts to production. Candidates will also be responsible for requirements derivation, requirements traceability, systems trade studies, systems integration and test, performance verification, and data analysis to join an agile hardware and software development team building and integrating electronics and sensor systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reviews designs of systems technologies including array design, signal processing, beamforming, and automated detection & classification processing as it applies to system performance assessment and platform integration.
- Prepares, participates, and presents in technical briefings in accordance with IEEE 15288.2 such as SRR, PDR, and CDR to internal and external customers, and is expected to write/support technical and cost proposals.
- Responsible for requirements derivation, requirements traceability, systems integration & test, performance verification, and data analysis for acoustic sensor systems.
- Play an active role in troubleshooting sonar-related system-level failures amongst a diverse team of engineers and technicians.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Coordinating different departments to foster the exchange of information and ideas to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Works collaboratively to develop and/or improve systems, processes, controls, and procedures that improve the overall efficiency of the company and ensure effective use of company resources.
- Prepare, implement, and track operation plans/budgets.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer and other leadership.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s or higher in Electrical Engineering, Underwater Acoustics, Mechanical Engineering, Signal Processing, Physics or related field with 10+ years of experience preferred (5-year minimum).
- Experience and proficiency in complex systems and acoustic design analysis.
- Experience with requirements development, decomposition, traceability, and requirements impacts through requirements analysis and requirements management practices.
- Experience in DoD system design, development, test, and production.
- Experience in DoD UUV system design, development, test, and production.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance to a team of Team Managers to maximize and grow engineers within their professions.
- Ability to propose and manage budgets and approve designs.
- Ability to interact effectively with Operations, Finance, and HR departments to maximize efforts across QorTek.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic workplace.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in educating and retaining employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multidisciplinary engineering and science teams internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive honest feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to act as lead technical liaison with customers (Both Commercial and DoD).
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks and share resources based on program and company goals.
- Demonstrated ability to intervene at all levels of the organization to assure integration of best practices and timely delivery of products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in leading entrepreneurial efforts in a small business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk and communicate that risk to all levels of the organization.
- US Citizenship (required)